Vows made in the presence of the sacred fire, to never get separated. The vows are considered unbreakable, with Agnideva held as both witnessing and blessing the couple’s union.
1. With the First Phera, the couple invokes the gods for the plenitude of pure and nourishing food and a life that is noble and respectful.
2. With the Second Phera, the couple prays for physical and mental strength and to lead a healthy and peaceful life.
3. The Third Phera, is taken for the fulfillment of spiritual obligations. The gods are invoked for blessing the couple with spiritual strength.
4. The Fourth Phera is taken for the attainment of happiness and harmony through mutual love and trust and a long joyous life together.
5. The Fifth Phera, is taken to pray for the welfare of all living entities in the entire universe and for begetting noble children.
6. The Sixth Phera, is for bountiful seasons all over the world. The couple prays for bountiful seasons and seeks that they may go through these seasons together, just as they would share their joys and sorrows.
7. With the Last Phera, they pray for a life of understanding, loyalty, unity and companionship not only for themselves but also for the peace of the universe.
Don’t forget to share this article on facebook, twitter. Keep following for more wedding related article.